Sunday, March 24, 2024

One Step at a Time

 A mile starts one step at a time…

Like duh!!

But how do we take that first step?

Well, for the last three years I’ve been doing just that.  Taking one step at a time.  Sometimes quickly moving ahead.  Other times a slow trudge, even sidesteps and an occasional ‘back it up, realign. Get my head on straight and go again’.

The mountain top (which I’m currently looking up at) is a blur ahead.  And that’s not the focus - might be the endgame, but right now it’s stretching, breathing and looking down at my feet (making sure I tied my fucking laces!) and taking that first step.

Then the next.

Then the next.

Action, especially when guided along the way is what it takes.  The trail is action.  My legs getting warm - realizing this lazy butt is really going to go up there, today?! is action.

And sometimes the action is pulling off to the side of the trail.  Slowing down.  Stopping.

Taking rest.  Solace in knowing that in those moments when we catch our breath, meditating on this journey is ALL moving us toward that peak.

And oh, what a view from the top - especially when you see how far you’ve come.

One mile.

One step at a time.



~ Peace


The Burtle




No comments:

Post a Comment